Monday, December 15, 2008

old friends..and old memories

I grew up in Pierre, South Dakota - a small town with one high school, a farm club baseball team, wonderful neighborhoods, and great people...I have wonderful memories of those days.  My parents had a marvelous circle of friends that  included the Graffs. 
  Last year I found out that the Graff's daughter, who was two years ahead of me in school,  owns a company in the San Joaquin valley here in California. Well, today Jerry and I stopped by the Buchanan Hollow Nut Company in Le Grande CA.  Its been over 50 years since Sharleen and I have seen each other.   It was marvelous to see her once again, to visit her lovely ranch-style home nearby, visit with her husband, Bob, see some of her magnificent water colors and to come away with some delicious goodies from their business. Moments like that are irreplaceable, aren't they?  And there are always some regrets as well - her Mom just died last week, at the age of 96.   Thanks, Sharleen, for some of your time at this extremely busy time of the year for your business...and for all the memories I have of our life together in Pierre SD.
(You can look up the BHNC on the web and see the array of products they offer, plus views of the farms.)
We are on our way to Bakersfield CA - home of Buck Owens' Crystal Palace, and Jerry is SO looking forward to being there again. 

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Followers