Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thursday, May 23 - our 50th wedding anniversary

Its The Day!  How can it be 50 years?  That seems like a long time, and yet these particular 50 years have flown by.  I chose our wedding day of May 23rd because it was my grandparents' 57th wedding anniversary.  Grandma and Grandpa Wells lived in Long Beach, California, and came to Oklahoma City to celebrate our wedding, as well as the reception my parents held for them following our wedding reception.  I do remember that my Mom was really taken aback by this wedding date - after all, it was a  THURSDAY afternoon - and who gets married on a Thursday?  We did! And have been so richly blessed in our life together, blessed with two lovely daughters and our AFS daughter, Ani (in Indonesia) plus 3 sons-in-law. 

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Followers